Here ther be language.

warning: blogger is not responsible for rendering the reader into a state of indignation, admiration, or confustication. wander through all xeno-, logo-, and gastrophilic content at your own risk.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I haven't updated in awhile. I thought I had an exam this morning, but turns out I was wrong. Good thing to be wrong about. I thought I'd type out a few words while waiting for the library to open.
My last few days in Bretagne were terrific. I attended a fest noz ('night festival') near Vannes in the southern part of the region. Loads of fun. Dancing with pinkies locked in big circles that were constantly moving. A couple of friends that I met through couchsurfing went with me. We had a lot of fun.

Since I've been back in Angers, not much has happened. I've been trying to hit the books hard. I had one exam yesterday, and I've got a couple more next week. These examens blancs normally don't carry much weight; instead, they're taken to prepare for the final. However, as an exchange student taking classes at different levels and departments, it is probable that some of my finals will be held at the same time. So they'll take my grade from the examen blanc to cover my final. So I may have taken a final yesterday. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm also trying to read a ton of material to make a decision about a thesis topic before the end of the month. Turns out there's a scholarship for summer thesis work. It's horrible timing, but I was already planning on spending the summer working up a thesis. Might as well cut to the chase.

The end of the week looks a bit more promising, Thursday being St. Patty's day. I've actually had several people invite me out for the evening, presumably to take a fixture-like position in some pub, you know, make it a little more authentic. I'm also hoping to travel to Tours on Friday. I'm not sure it'll happen, but it'd be nice. Saturday has a couple of rugby games I'd like to see. I missed all the others, since I was on vacation at the time. That reminds me, I need to see if there are any school planned trips. I wouldn't mind tagging along if it got me where I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment