Here ther be language.

warning: blogger is not responsible for rendering the reader into a state of indignation, admiration, or confustication. wander through all xeno-, logo-, and gastrophilic content at your own risk.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fin

Bye France.

I have one night left. I get the impression that France and I are in the middle of the awkward handshake-or-hug dance.

I will miss: cheese. Belgians. kebab. pain. the French language. pastries. 70 degree weather. Bretagne. long French meals. le Welsh. my new friends.  

I look forward to: Amelia, hamburgers, my family, Lazy Magnolia. my Church. Mexican food, gardening, brewing, the library, my old friends.

I hope to return next year, but the future plans are as vague as ever. I don’t think France will ever be a place where I would try and settle down, but there are certain things I’ve learned here that I will always remember.

Today, I’m headed to Paris. I’m staying in a hostel due to the lack of available couchsurfers. I plan to climb Sacré Coeur this evening, and finish the evening in a pub somewhere. Not very French, but I’ve already said goodbye.

For those of you that have continued to read, thanks. I won’t be writing anymore in this blog, but I might start a new one someday. We’ll see.

A la prochaine.

1 comment:

  1. Great ending... I think climbing Sacré Coeur is a great idea for the last night. Enjoy the beautiful view for me too! I can't wait to get back... for a visit. Like you, I wouldn't want to settle there!

    ReplyDelete